FANUC America Corporation demonstrated automotive spot welding with the new R-1000iA/120F-7B robot at Fabtech 2017.
The new seven-axis R-1000iA/120F-7B’s design is based on the popular R-1000iA robot series. It has a payload of 120kg and a maximum reach of 2,230mm. The additional axis allows the robot’s J2 arm to fold into itself, making it shorter and able to operate in very tight workspaces.
At the show, the R-1000iA/120F-7B, equipped with integrated FANUC Servo Gun Control, the FANUC primary wrist and Solution Arm for spot welding dress out, and a servo weld gun, performs a spot welding operation on an automotive body side. The robot highlights FANUC’s 4D graphics, and use Dual Check Safety (DCS) Speed and Position Check software to limit the robot’s envelope within the compact workspace. Another featured item was the FANUC’s latest R-30iB Plus controller with an intuitive iPendant for easy setup and operation.
“The articulation in the J2 arm now enables the robot to be placed closer to the operating point in a welding application without losing any reach,” said Tim Holcomb, product manager, FANUC America. “Since the robot can also work overhead and from behind its back, it has an amazingly large work area despite its compact design.”
In addition to spot welding, R-1000iA/120F-7B is designed for other applications including compact palletizing, machine load/unload and other operations with space constraints.
R-1000iA/120F-7B Features and Benefits:
- Seven-axis articulation for maximum flexibility to reach multiple areas within a work cell, even very tight spaces.
- Best-in-class motion performance provides maximum productivity.
- High-speed operation minimizes robot cycle times.
- Simple serial-link configuration with large operating envelope (including rear and downward side).
- Upright or invert mounting accommodates a wide range of work areas.
- Substantial wrist load ratings support the latest compact servo weld guns.
- IP67 rated wrist allows operation in wet conditions.
- Handles 120kg applications.
- Optional Solution Arm dressout package with internal cable routing for spot welding processes.
The latest R-30iB Plus controller features an intuitive iPendant with enhanced screen resolution and more processing capability compared to previous versions. Offers a variety of intelligent functions including iRVision, Force Sensing, ROBOGUIDE, ZDT and DCS.