SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017 delivers new enhancements, together with improved performance, productivity and quality. SOLIDWORKS’ goal is to help users set up, solve and interrogate their simulation results faster, easier and in a robust manner. Today a wide range of users involved in product development can leverage SOLIDWORKS Simulation to make better, safer and more competitive products. From the occasional user to the full-time Simulation guru, all users will see improvements in SOLIDWORKS Simulation in 2017.
For example, here are a few of the productivity updates: 85 percent less software bugs than compared to three years ago, computation time drastically reduced, particularly when solving contacts, and displaying linear dynamic results 4 times faster with a file size twice smaller. So, however they use SOLIDWORKS Simulation, with this new release customers will experience a boost in productivity with set-up, reuse, diagnosis, solving, post-processing and result display of the simulation results.[youtube]uAP4E8NcP_U[/youtube]
- Here are the top five enhancements that both designers and simulation novices will love in SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017:The level of users’ confidence will go up with the new Hot Spot Diagnostics tool (pending patent). Stress singularities are not only for PhDs anymore. Stress singularities can distort the Simulation results due to sharp corners, point loads or boundary conditions applied to geometrical entities. Users can now easily detect and ignore stress singularities with the new Stress Hot Spot Diagnostics tool so they are confident about the results.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel and reuse existing simulation studies for different study types. Easily make a copy and convert a linear static into a different study type, such a non-linear static or linear dynamic study, with the same simulation set-up.
- If the user is not sure what solver fits the actual simulation purpose the best, the new intelligent solver switch will automatically select the most appropriate solver depending on the simulation model.
- Users expect everything they do in simulation to update when the design changes and they’re right! Now beam joints also automatically update.
- Designers love to show product design in action to managers or customers. Now everybody can display their simulation results in the context of the CAD assembly.
Here are the top five enhancements that simulation experts will enjoy in SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2017:
- Offload the simulation computation to a more powerful machine on your network and free up local memory.
- Don’t wait anymore when displaying linear dynamic analysis results. Thanks to the improved performance and to the reduced result file size of linear dynamic analysis post processing, now it’s possible to display results faster and manage result files easier.
- No more forced long coffee breaks…Solving time has been reduced, especially when computing assemblies with contacts and solving with the FFE Plus solver.
- Get fancier with the simulation, non-linear contact analysis has been expanded to buckling analysis when faces become in contact during the simulation.
- Interrogate results wherever you want in the model; users can now probe results at selected nodes.