Granta announces latest program of free materials-focused webinars for engineering enterprises and materials educators.
Granta Design today announced a wide-ranging series of web seminars on topics related to materials engineering and materials information for engineering enterprises and university-level educators. Webinars over the next four months will offer insights into how enterprises can better manage and use vital materials information, and provide inspirational ideas to enhance the teaching of materials in the engineering curriculum.
Renowned Cambridge University Professor Mike Ashby will talk about ‘Advanced Materials Selection for Mechanical Design with CES EduPack 2016’ on Wednesday, March 2. Other webinars for materials educators will be held in French, German, Spanish, and Italian, highlighting some of the exciting new features in the recently-launched CES EduPack 2016 software.
Engineering enterprises can join webinars on topics including lightweighting through replacing metals with plastics, switching from conventional materials to composites, and ‘Advances in material intelligence for Automotive’ on April 5.
The webinars provide an accessible forum to learn from Granta experts and other leaders in the field, and they include an interactive Q&A session. See more details, including registration information, in Granta’s events calendar.
The full webinar program is:
- Jan 28, Engaging students in materials with CES EduPack 2016
- Feb 2, Werkstofflehre – angewandt und interaktiv (German language)
- Feb 3, Comment susciter l’intérêt des étudiants pour les matériaux avec CES EduPack? (for Materials Educators, French language)
- Feb 4, Cómo suscitar el interés de los estudiantes por los materiales con CES EduPack 2016 (for Materials Educators, Spanish language)
- Feb 4, Down-selection/pre-screening of materials
- Feb 17, Systematische Materialauswahl als Strategie für Leichtbau (German language)
- Feb 17, Introducing materials properties in pre-university teaching (for Materials Educators)
- Feb 18, Lightweighting through replacing metals with plastics
- Feb 24, Migliorare l´insegnamento e la ricerca dei materiali nell´ingegneria e disegno industriale (for Materials Educators, Italian language)
- Feb 24, Supporting composites qualification and equivalency processes
- Mar 2, Advanced Materials Selection for Mechanical Design with CES EduPack 2016 (for Materials Educators)
- Mar 9, Werkstoffinformationen, CAE-Anwendungen und Prozess unterstützen (German language)
- Mar 16, Designing new and improved biomaterials (for Materials Educators)
- Mar 17, Thinking of switching to composite materials?
- Apr 5, Advances in material intelligence for Automotive
- May 11, Verbesserung der Produkt-Profitabilität durch Werkstoffsubstitution (German language)