At MD&M West, taking place Feb. 10 – 12 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, Mazak will share its extensive medical manufacturing expertise in booth 3094, including how to produce highly accurate, complex parts in the shortest time possible. The company will run simulations of its new SmoothX CNC, which quadruples in maximum speed over previous-generation controls.
Made for complex, multi-axis machine tools, Mazak engineered the CNC to coincide with its new SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY platform that spans the entire part production landscape, including programming, machine setup, metal removal, integrated automation and data collection. As a result, medical part manufacturers can dramatically shorten machine cycle times, enhance simultaneous 5-axis operations and much more.
SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY represents a dramatic evolution in the advancement of machine tools by uniquely combining today’s metalworking technologies with that of our unmatched process engineering expertise.
This complete, highly dynamic process-performance platform – which encompasses everything from programming to metal removal to data collection – dramatically shortens machining times, enhances simultaneous 5-axis operations and much more.
The MAZATROL SmoothX CNC is a key element of the technology, along with advanced machine hardware and servo systems.
- Interpolation processing is four times faster than its fastest CNC predecessors
- Quick Program screen significantly streamlines part programming
- Intuitive HMI interface presents all critical data in a single-page view
- 5-axis virtual machining allows for accurate program simulation
- Variable Acceleration Control optimizes acceleration/deceleration dynamically resulting in reduced cycle times
- Intelligent MAZATROL Pocket Milling ensures optimum machining conditions
- Fast rotary axis speeds perform gear skiving and rotary axis threading
- Seamless Corner Control reduces vibrations and shortens machining cycle times by preprocessing intersections
- High Gain Feed Forward Control features new motion control technology for accurate cutting
- Smooth Machining Configuration makes it easy to adjust machine presets for servo control for the type of work being machined
Through the simulations, show attendees will see how the Quick MAZATROL function makes it possible for machine operators to directly import 3D CAD models into the SmoothX CNC. Hence, shops can use a solid model to obtain part geometries, but still program conversationally, meaning operators don’t have to know how to use a CAM system to work from a solid CAD model to create programs.
In addition to demonstrating these two SmoothX CNC functions and several others, show attendees can watch video demonstrations of Mazak machine tools in action as well as see a display of real-world medical parts cut with Mazak equipment.
As a leading machine tool provider to the medical industry, Mazak’s broad product selection encompasses everything from compact, highly productive machines that are perfect for small lab environments to machines for fast prototype development to DONE IN ONE® machines that process parts complete in single setups.