With abundant opportunities for growth in the North American manufacturing market, Makino is set to demonstrate the latest machining solutions to keep businesses thriving at the 2014 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS), Sept. 8-13, at McCormick Place in Chicago. In booth S-8700 of the South Hall, attendees can experience Makino’s latest machining technologies, engineering solutions and automation systems for the automotive, die mold, aerospace, medical and general production markets.
“At IMTS 2014, we are setting the stage for North American manufacturers to gain a dynamic edge over global competition,” said Mark Rentschler, Makino marketing manager. “From wall to wall, visitors at the Makino booth will have an opportunity to experience the latest in high-performance machining technologies, engineered solutions and automation systems. Our industry-leading application and system engineers will be available to discuss attendees’ production challenges and new technology solutions to help them improve productivity and quality, reduce labor costs and increase their bottom line. Without a doubt, there is no better time or place to secure a globally competitive future.”
New Machines and Automation Solutions
During IMTS 2014, Makino plans to showcase several of its latest machine technologies, including the new a51nx-5xu 5-axis horizontal machining center with a unique work changer, the new a81nx horizontal machining center, EDBV8 EDM hole-drilling machine ideal for film cooling holes and diffuser shapes and the D800Z 5-axis vertical machining center. Makino will also demonstrate a variety of new technologies designed to produce aerospace jet engine components, including grinding of high temperature nickel alloys. Many of these technologies are planned to be integrated within a variety of automation systems, including:
- A fully automated mold manufacturing cell featuring a D300 5-axis vertical machining center, V22 graphite machining center, EDAF3 sinker EDM and U53j wire EDM tended by an Erowa robot.
- A Makino Machining Complex (MMC2) pallet handling system with an a61nx horizontal machining center illustrating multiple machining solutions in a variety of materials.
- A custom automated system with a51nx horizontal machining system for high-volume part production.
- An automated 5-axis aerospace production cell featuring an a61nx-5E with a pallet pool system to help manage processing speed by keeping work flowing across the spindle quickly and efficiently.
- The new a51nx-5xu horizontal machining center, designed with a unique attached work holding magazine and large tool magazine for extended hours of unattended machining
In addition to the demonstrations and displays at IMTS, Makino plans to host five lunch-and-learn events throughout the week. Each session is scheduled to include presentations from Makino customers, discussing real-world manufacturing challenges, and how they applied technology to their operations to become more competitive and more profitable. Lunch and learn presentations offer relevant information to attendees from a wide array of industries and manufacturing environments. Current guest presenters include Don Snow, operations manager at CS Tool Engineering, Chris Borch, CEO of Micro-Mechanics, and Rob Caixeiro, mold maker manager at Build a Mold, Division of A. P. Plasman.
Lunch-and-learn events are to be held from noon to 1 p.m. daily in room S104a and b in the South Hall.
Lunch is provided and the presenters are available for questions after each presentation.
Visit Us at IMTS
Ask questions and share challenges with Makino engineers in booth S-8700 at IMTS 2014. For additional information, please visit makino.com/imts and register for Makino’s free IMTS 2014 preview webinar on Aug. 14.Source Makino