Tübingen, 16th September 2013 – “Intelligence in Production” – the headline for EMO 2013, the world’s largest trade fair for production engineering, has been an important topic for the Tübingen-based tool specialist for several years now and because Walter has long since ceased to be just a manufacturer of high performance metal cutting tools, Walter now also develops services and solutions for the intelligent application of these tools.
Walter currently unites five competence brands under one roof: These include metal cutting tools from Walter, Walter Titex, Walter Prototyp and Walter Valenite, and also services for process optimisation along the entire production chain from Walter Multiply. Industry visitors from all over the world can learn about the current portfolio of Walter AG products and services at EMO 2013 in hall 3, stand G24. Highlights of the trade fair include:
- The porcupine with the unyielding spines: Walter expands its range of BlaxxTM milling cutters with the F5138 porcupine cutter. This tool features the typical BlaxxTM attributes: Powerful, precise and reliable, therefore providing outstanding performance when trimming and shoulder milling steel and cast iron materials, stainless steel, difficult-to-cut materials, and non-ferrous metals. This tool can be instantly recognised by its polished black coating which provides highly effective protection from corrosion and wear.
- Endless threading: The Eco Plus Prototex® through hole tap from Walter Prototyp increases productivity for customers with a very wide range of products. The tool is manufactured from HSS-E-PM with a special THL hard material coating and is suitable for thread depths of up to 3.5xD for steel and stainless materials up to 1350 N/mm², and also for cast iron workpieces and AL alloys with up to 12 % Si content. Users need fewer tool changes on the machine, which can significantly reduce the range of tools that are held in stock.
- Slitting and parting made easy: The new Blaxx™ F5055 mill optimises parting and slitting operations based on the new Walter Cut SX grooving system. This grooving system is based on self-clamping, form-locking cutting inserts and ensures favourable cutting force guidance into the fixed part of the tool. The properties of this clamping have a positive effect on slitting and parting cutters thus ensuring adverse vibration at high RPM’s is kept to a minimum.
- Boring and precision boring tools firmly under control: The range of Walter counterboring and precision boring tools is expanded with the Capto™ variants. Machine tools are becoming ever more diverse in order to enable complete machining and they are, therefore, increasingly fitted with Capto spindles as standard. As a result, Walter will supply its systems for counterboring and precision boring with both ScrewFit and Walter Capto™ adaptors in the future.
- Getting the hang of Tiger·tec Silver®: The Tiger·tec Silver® high-performance cutting material is now also available for cast iron machining combined with new geometries: A classic flat top RK5 geometry with a stepped plateau for extra seating rigidity, as well as an extremely robust RK7 variant for maximum process reliability, even for interrupted cuts have been added to the range. Tiger·tec Silver® has been available for cast iron workpieces with the MK5 universal geometry since June 2013.
- The custom “express” is picking up speed: Through its fast delivery service for special tools, Walter now supplies even drilling and boring tools with indexable inserts within a maximum of four weeks. A fully automatic configuration system takes over the design, calculation and creation of production data and therefore saves customers time and money.
- The tool cycle aimed at productivity: Walter Multiply supports machining companies in the systematic optimisation of their production chains – from procuring, managing and presetting tools, efficiently designing the machining process, through to reconditioning and recycling. Multiply stands for modular solutions from one single source.
Intelligence in Production is the motto for EMO 2013. Anyone who wants to be at the forefront of their market in the future not only needs the best metal cutting tools, they must also know how to use them intelligently in order to increase process reliability when machining what are often difficult-to-cut materials, simplify production chains and consolidate process steps. Walter helps its customers to increase their productivity. Walter’s vision is based on the brand promise Engineering Competence. Engineering Competence – this involves excellent tools and solutions, which incorporate refined expertise and new approaches in equal measure.Source Walter Tools