ASTRO 165W NT‘s configuration is built upon Amada’s HDS press brake. The ecofriendly HDS series is an electric/hydraulic, down-acting system that delivers superior accuracy. The high-performance HDS press brake features a Hybrid Drive system that is engineered for low energy consumption and requires less hydraulic fluid than conventional machines. The system’s super-accurate ram is capable of repeatability to within tolerances of ± 0.00004″. For precise bending control at any position, a 5-axis backgauge provides continuously updated feedback to the AMNC/PC control where exact positioning can be viewed at any time.
- Larger press brake and robot allows for enhanced multi-staging capabilities.
- Robotic system allows for unmanned operation and maximum machine utilization.
- Flexible off-line programming system generates all articulation code for the robot and press brake movement.
- Advanced programming software accepts 3D BMF files and virtually eliminates “Teach Mode”.
- Precision press brake provides dimensional part angular accuracy to ±0.25° and ±0.004″ flange accuracy.
- Sectionalized punch tooling is designed in short, easy-to-handle sections, providing quick setup and increased productivity.
- The unique down-acting design of the press brake eliminates shimming, as the hydraulic cylinders in the lower beam match the deflection of the upper beam to eliminate part canoeing.